Sunday, April 7, 2013

A new path - Vlakkenberg 2


In my meditation this morning I had this deep feeling of loneliness. 
It was a grey morning full of sadness. 
I followed my feelings and went for a walk up the Vlakkenberg, opening my senses, and willing to listen to what this mountain has to say.

This walk starts with a lot of steps full of rough stones. Hard to walk, unpleasant step by step. There is a fence on either side of the steps. Razor wire keeping me restricted. I see the sun rising through the wire. The warmth is so far away.
Along the way an old tree trunk. Remainder of a twisted life full of old ghosts, haunted and full of pain.
A spiders web collected a thousand tears.
A broken pebble reminds me of an ancient stream. The water gone millions of years ago, embedded in stone it is waiting to be washed out again. 
I step over a trickle of life giving water. Fresh green springs from the tears.
I see life protected, sheltered by the rocks. I see a new and fertile land in the distance.
I see a new path leading the way up.
I carried on walking and it turned out to be a long walk through fynbos full of birds.









No comments:

Post a Comment