Sunday, April 28, 2013

Turn Around, Slow Down and Wonder

Yesterday was another warm and calm morning. I again went to Baviaanskloof, with the intention to go up the mountain. This time I took the left path at the fence on the border of the estate. I was rushing up through the beautiful fynbos, along the little stream. After a while the path crosses the stream and I ended up in a dense indigenous grove of old trees overgrown with climbers. 

Dark and mysterious  full of dead wood, moss and ferns. 
The path only goes down towards the trees and houses of the other side of the estate. No that's not where I wanted to be. I decided to turn around and slowly retrace the path. 
I will go up another day. However yesterday I slowed down to look around and notice the little wonders I had missed rushing up and down into the dark side.
There is a miniature lake so calm. I feel like the tiny lonely bubble drifting on the surface.
Tiny flowers unwrapping themselves, opening towards the light.
Seeds ready to fly into the adventure with the intention to find fertile ground, a spot in the sun.
Further down I see the queens of the fynbos. There are flowering proteas everywhere wearing their crowns. 
Life giving to tiny creatures like ants and bees.

There are beautiful flowers and a million little wonders to discover. 
So easy overlooked in the rush on a misleading path.









No comments:

Post a Comment