Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother Earth's Gift


Today is Mother's Day. Mother Earth celebrates this day with a fantastic Autumn spectacle.
The morning was cold and I got going very late and decided to go up Baviaanskloof again.
Mother Earth greets me with an unbelievable abundance.
A budding beauty so delicate.
Dressed up for the occasion......
.....for a seduction of colour.
Mother dresses in a myriad of forms just as she pleases. Even flowers can be geometric.
 
Perfect lines and patterns.......

.........or perfect camouflaged.
Growing a round soft cushion or........
........ a perfect tree shape.
I can't stop wondering and looking down on Hout Bay from Mother's paradise.
I lost my sense of time. Going down a path which hadn't been walked a long time.
Sandy, slippery and overgrown, going slowly down. Somewhere I lost my reading glasses.
No more photos -  it is past midday and time to stop and go home any way.

Thank you Mother Earth for this precious gift on your special day.












No comments:

Post a Comment