Sunday, September 29, 2013

Along the Disa River

Today I did not feel like a long walk, instead I strolled along the Disa River and through the dunes to the beach.
The ancient wetland is just about to be destroyed by human so called "development".

I discovered an old broken walk way into the reeds to watch the rich bird life. Nobody seems to be interested to go there anymore.
Drops are sparkling on the broad leaves, my favorite motive, showing the freshness of this crisp morning.
Even the flowering weed looks dusted with little diamonds.
Next to the controversial "Beach Club" Complex the dunes were turned into a waste land.
Nature is claiming it back with unbelievable beauty.
Bold, bright and upright, shouting: "I'm back"
A feast for the bees and for my eyes.
Behind the dunes I see the bay. 
It took eons to create this valley and we humans are only here for a mere blink in our mothers eye.
It will only take another blink for our traces to disappear.









No comments:

Post a Comment